David joined igloo as a Director in 2002. With over 30 years’ experience in the urban design, development, construction and facilities management industries, David leads on a number of igloo’s national key client and partner relationships.
David participated in the development of igloo’s sustainable investment policy, footprint®, and is passionate about igloo’s unique approach to schemes. In line with the igloo purpose and values, David is known for taking an imaginative international approach via his expertly managed urban design teams to igloo’s award winning schemes. He successfully delivered our acclaimed Newcastle project, The Malings, and is now working up new schemes in Newcastle and the North West.
David is a well-known industry figure who actively participates on a number of national, sustainability and urban design initiatives including:
- Commissioner on the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors’ Presidential Commission on Sustainability
- National Sustainability Panel Member of the Government’s Sustainable Development Commission
- Design Review Panel Member at MADE, the Architecture Centre for the West Midlands
- Commissioner on the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors’ Land & Society Commission
- Associate Director of the Sustainable Development Foundation
- Member of Arts & Business North West Leadership Team
- Design Review Panel Member at Places Matter the Architecture Centre for the North West
- Built Environment Expert for Cabe at The Design Council
- Member of the RIBA Regional Awards Panel
- RICS Representative on the National Housing Design Awards Panel
- Academian – Academy of Urbanism
- Trustee – Sunderland Culture