Mark is responsible for igloo’s direct developments in Wales and the South West. Currently leading the Porth Teigr project, igloo’s joint venture with the Welsh Government for the regeneration of Roath Basin in Cardiff Bay, Mark is recognised for his impact delivering one of the most significant waterfront developments in the UK.
Mark’s experience spans commercial, residential, retail and leisure projects. He is driven by a passion for identifying and unlocking value from major brownfield urban regeneration land holdings and has an in depth knowledge of the southwest development market. Mark is a well-known figure in the economic development community and an advocate of innovative public private sector partnerships.
Mark comments regularly in the media on urban design and regeneration issues and has been principal speaker and chair of numerous conferences and events. He also has a range of industry related roles including:
- Member of the editorial board for the International Journal of Urban Sustainable Development
- Past Chairman of The Institute of Management’s Management Research Group
- Member of the Chartered Institute for Building
- Member of the Association for Project Management
- A Fellow of the Forum for the Built Environment
- Non-Executive Director of Principality Stadium plc
- Commissioner, Director and a member of the design review panel of the Design Commission for Wales
- Member of the Welsh Built Environment Forum
- Stakeholder in the Sustainable Development Commission’s Built Environment & Climate Change Group
- Homes and Communities Agency place-making panel
- Founding Director of Cardiff & Co. the public/private marketing company for Cardiff.
- Visiting critic Welsh School of Architecture
- Visiting Lecturer Cardiff University School of Geography & Planning